There is no such thing as instant results. Even Instant Pudding has to be stirred for 2 minutes then chilled. If you are looking for a fast fix on your weight loss journey, forget it. It's the little, day-to-day changes in habits that end up making a difference over time. This blog is about sharing what I do, what I eat and how I stay healthy. Maybe some of the things I do are worth copying. Jump in and share what works for you, I'd love to hear and so would others! God bless. Elaine

Saturday 4 February 2012

Time for an oil change

I don't use a lot of cooking oil but for the times that I do, I use a better quality oil that hopefully won't be too damaging to our hearts. Sure they cost more than the cheap stuff but that's money well spent in my opinion. And a bottle of oil will last you a long time; it's not an item that should be out on your kitchen counter every time you prepare dinner.

There are 2 oils I buy; Becel and Crisco. The Becel is canola and sunflower oils, the Crisco is soyabean. Both are a source of omega-3s. Neither have any flavour and I certainly can't tell the difference between them. I tend to use the Becel in recipes and the Crisco for frying.

I'm guessing you've got cooking oil in your house, and if you've got a few less-than-ideal habits that you're trying to modify as you head toward a healthy lifestyle and a healthy body weight, changing the oil in your cupboard is a simple improvement you can make right now. Look for a product that is a source of omega-3 and - obviously - has no Trans fats. Keep an eye on how much oil you're using when preparing your meals and cut back when you can. If cooking oil is on your shopping list more than once every few months, you've got other work ahead. But an oil change right now is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment