There is no such thing as instant results. Even Instant Pudding has to be stirred for 2 minutes then chilled. If you are looking for a fast fix on your weight loss journey, forget it. It's the little, day-to-day changes in habits that end up making a difference over time. This blog is about sharing what I do, what I eat and how I stay healthy. Maybe some of the things I do are worth copying. Jump in and share what works for you, I'd love to hear and so would others! God bless. Elaine

Thursday 16 February 2012

Eggs. Fair game any time of the day

2 eggs with 2 toast 4 dinner
I've always enjoyed eggs and I'm sure I've eaten enough to keep more than a few egg farms in business over the years. I know they are high in cholesterol but I don't have trouble with my cholesterol levels likely because I'm not overweight. I also know that eggs are high in fat but I don't have trouble with that either because, well, see above....

When I was in university and living in my basement apartment scraping by with next-to-no-money, eggs were one of the few things I could afford. They were cheap, filling and easy to make on my hotplate. Fast forward a gazillion years and here I am, still enjoying eggs as much as ever. They are still cheap (thank goodness) and very easy to prepare. My favourite dinner lately has been a couple of eggs fried in a bit of olive oil and served on toast, sometimes with grated cheese, usually with ketchup. It's quick to do and very filling so when there aren't enough left-overs for all of us, I'll feign disappointment then run and grab my crepe pan.

So next time you're caught a little short on supplies and the dinner bell is about to ring, grab the eggs out of the fridge and ask everyone how they want theirs done. You might feel like a short order cook, but dinner will be on the table in no time and happiness will prevail. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment